This new program aims to attract the world’s top talent with international student scholarships and to support Université Laval students with mobility scholarships to help them become the leaders of tomorrow.
Excellence Scholarships for International Students 2021-2022 in Canada
The Citizens of the World Excellence scholarship is intended for international students who have submitted a new application for admission for the summer 2021, fall 2021, or winter 2022 semester. The objective of this scholarship is to promote academic excellence.
Benefits of Bachelor’s degree and professional master’s programs 2021-2022, in Canada
- Scholarships vary between $10,000 and $15,000 (two payments)
- Donor (s):
- Laval University
- Submission deadline:
- Scholarship offered at all timesThe deadline varies from one faculty to another. Please refer to your faculty for more details.
- Goal:Promote academic excellence by offering a scholarship to foreign students admitted to Laval University.
- Reserved for: International Students
Eligibility criteria of Citizens of the World Scholarships in Canada 2021-2022
- Have submitted a complete admission file for a regular bachelor’s or professional master’s degree program at Laval University for the summer 2021, fall 2021, or winter 2022 session.
- Maintain full-time (or “ deemed full-time ”) student status at Université Laval during the sessions in which they hold the scholarship.
- Pay additional foreign tuition fees.
Note: At the time of the scholarship offer, the candidate must have received a conditional or definitive offer of admission. Candidates on the waiting list cannot be selected.
Selection criteria :
- Excellence: The academic average considered will be that available at the time of analysis of the admission file by the Registrar’s Office. Each participating faculty establishes its own criteria of excellence and selects the recipients from among the best admission files received and according to its recruitment needs. The number of scholarships available is limited and varies from faculty to faculty.
Filing of the file
There is no form to fill out for the Excellence Component of the Citizens of the World Grant. Recipients are selected from applications for admission submitted to Université Laval. We encourage you to quickly submit your admission file. Refer to your faculty for the scholarship eligibility procedures.
Research master’s with thesis and Ph.D. programs in Canada 2021-2022
- Research master’s programs with the thesis: Total value of $20,000 ($5,000 per semester, up to four semesters)
- PhD: Total value of $30,000 ($5,000 per semester, up to six semesters)
Target audience and eligible programs
- International students
- All degrees
Contact your faculty to find out which programs are eligible.
There are no forms to fill out for Citizens of the World Excellence scholarships. Recipients are selected based on applications for admission submitted to Université Laval. Participating faculties establish their own criteria for excellence and select recipients from among the top admission packages. The number of scholarships is limited and varies by faculty.
To be considered, candidates must apply for full admission at Université Laval. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please refer to your faculty to learn about the details of the scholarship.
How to apply for the Admission 2021-2022, Canada
- Prepare your application:
- Found your program? Now you can start putting together your application for admission. Make sure you meet the admission requirements and know what supporting documents you will need to include.
Admission requirements for the World Scholarships in Canada 2021-2022
- Admission requirements for each type of applicant
- Limited enrolment programs
- Limited space program
- Non-degree studies
- Postdoctoral Studies
- Training and research internships
- Laval score
- French Proficiency
- Qualifying Courses
- Qualifying Courses (Pre-university)
- Professional Order Integration Program
Collect the required documents for the World Scholarships in Canada 2021-2022
- Applicants for Undergraduate Programs
- Applicants for Graduate Programs
- Documents for admission to non-degree distance learning courses outside Québec
- Documents formats and conversion
Scholarships and Financial Aid Office
2325, rue de l’Université, room 2546