CLICK THE BOX HERE
Deadline: 9 April 2021 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sep/Oct 2021
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities. The scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching.
CLICK THE BOX HERE TO APPLY
Level/Field(s) of Study:
See the list of eligible courses for 2021. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- • Access, inclusion and opportunity
- • Promoting global prosperity
- • Science and technology for development
- • Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- • Strengthening health systems and capacity
- • Strengthening resilience and response to crises
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarships are open to nationals of least developed
and lower middle income Commonwealth countries:
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Each Scholarship provides approved tuition and examination fees, approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award, stipend at the rate of £1,116 per month, or £1,369 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2020-2021 levels), warm clothing allowance, thesis grant, study travel grant, and excess baggage allowance, etc.
The scholarships are usually tenable for one year only.
To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, candidates must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
• By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
• Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
• Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
• Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
CLICK THE BOX HERE TO APPLY
Applications are currently closed.
You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme. You must secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Shared Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. All applications must be submitted by 16.00 (GMT) on 9 April 2021 at the latest. Each university has its own closing date for admissions.
It is important to read the 2021 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: CLICK THE BOX HERE TO APPLY